A slab mold is also known as a “tray mold” or “divider mold.” A wide, flat mold. The length should not be more than twice the size of the width. Soap is poured so that the bars lie horizontally in the mold.
Where to Find One
- If you don’t have a slab/tray style mold, here’s a great tutorial on how to make your own out of coroplast (corrugated plastic). You’ll need to change the dimensions to make it into a slab, but the technique is the same.
- Here’s another tutorial with slab mold dimensions.
- Other things you can use for a slab mold as long as you line them with freezer paper: cardboard box (shipping boxes work great!), plastic container, a small drawer, or build a mold with legos. Walmart and Hobby Lobby have small wooden boxes that can also be used.
- Silicone bakeware also works!
- You can purchase small slab molds from these soap vendors: Bramble Berry, Nurture Soap
- You can purchase large slab molds from these soap vendors: Bramble Berry, Nurture Soap, Workshop Heritage